Shino's Bar ?
- Shino's Bar is a communication spot for contemporary art
related people, where fine wine and spirits are served and guests can enjoy wit
Unfortunately, Shino's Bar is difficult to find. Its location is unknown,
and it does not always open. It is an occasionally established bar.
- In 1995, an exhibition, NowHere, featuring
contemporary art was held in Eindhoven-the Netherlands, where artists from
Japan and the Netherlands attended.
M.Shino, a technical supporter of a Japanese artists group joined this
project, and he lived in a kindergarten that was prepared as the temporary hotel
for the staff.
At the kindergarten, he enjoyed a nightcap with his friends . The Japanese lived in the same house joined him, and they enjoyed conversation and spirits . It did not take time before Dutch persons joined this night-party.
This party was held every night in a room of the kindergarten, and variety of persons who attended the exhibition from Europe and North America also visited the room. Sometime they called the party Shino's Bar (Pronounce as 'shinoba-').
- In 1996, another part of the Internal Contemporary Art
Exchange Exhibition, Twelve Environments, was held at a former school in
It was the second turn of Shino's Bar . It was set up in a room in the school,
where plenty of persons gathered and enjoyed at the party.
- In 1997, Shino's Bar again came in Europe at the Cisterian
monastery, Plasy-Czech Republic.
- And on the NET
- On 20th July 1997, the web site Shino's Bar Internet
is established as a virtual but permanent bar on the net.
- Shino's Bar International since 1995, Location- unknown, Open- occasionally
- Shino's Bar Internet since 1997, Location-
, Open- 7days a week, 24hours a day